Saturday, April 4, 2009

Being the guinea pig

I'm jumping into the idea of self-guided professional development online. Of course this concept is not foreign to me as I have already received a MEd online. While attending the ASCD 2009 conference in Orlando, my colleague and I came across IDE (Innovative Designs for Education). Among other topics, the discussion of professional development was intriguing and we were offered a free trial username and password. The pricing is too good to be true if we can get it rolling by the end of April.

So I'm starting an online workshop this evening. The title is "Writing Great Rubrics." It seems fitting as we are looking into how to better facilitate writing across the curriculum. In theory, this workshop should take me approximately 8 hours in total with some sort of finished product at the end. Ultimately, I would like to be able to report my thoughts and results to my principal in a few days. It seems like an interesting tool for me and my colleagues.

So here goes nothin'!

No comments: